When a stallion is registered to the EBF all progeny resulting from that year’s coverings are automatically EBF qualified for life. Therefore it is eligible to run in any EBF confined race throughout Europe for its lifetime. You can check the EBF status of any stallion by going to www.ebfstallions.com
The scheme was launched in 1983 by Britain, France and Ireland as a self-help measure to support the racing industry, mainly 2yo maiden races. Since then it has expanded to include Germany, Italy and Switzerland and now supports a strong performance of racing at all levels throughout Europe. Since its launch the EBF has contributed over €100 million to the European racing industry. The Irish EBF alone has contributed over €42 million of this money to Irish racing prize-money.
Established in 1974, Foran Equine has grown to become a market leader in equine healthcare products worldwide. Bought by Connolly’s RED MILLS in 2012, Foran Equine now boasts a very comprehensive range which now extends to over 60 products. Foran Equine products are developed and formulated by an experienced multi- disciplinary team, which includes veterinary surgeons, chemists, veterinary nurses and equine nutritionists. All Foran Equine products are rigorously tested and refined to confirm efficacy and industry compliance. Foran Equine products are manufactured to GMP standards and use only the highest pharma grade ingredients, Foran Equine continuously strive to develop new products and formulations for the ever changing nutritional demands of the high performance horse.
The Foran Equine range now includes some of the most technologically advanced products available today.
No. of Races
Total No. of Runners
No. of Trainers
No. of Individual Horses
- All horses must be EBF Eligible to run in any of the races
- Horses must run in any one of the series races to qualify to enter final
- Only horses purchased as yearlings or 2yos at public auction for not more than €72,000 may enter
- 5lb allowance for fillies and further allowances for horses purchased at lower auction prices
- Total of 24 qualifying races with €120,000 Final at Naas Racecourse on Sunday October 20 and new €30,000 Nursery handicap in Navan on Wednesday 23rd October.
- 2015 winner – SEVENLEFT, £31,000, Trainer, Sheila Lavery
- 2016 winner – TREVANNA, €15,000, Trainer, Kevin Prendergast
- 2017 winner – YULONG GOLD FAIRY, €8,000, Trainer, Dermot Weld
- 2018 winner – CEDARS OF LEBANON, €11,000, Trainer, Patrick Prendergast